Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wind me up, put me down, start me off and watch me go...

I'll be runnin' circles around you sooner than you know...

(that's the song that's playing, in case you haven't realized it)

I'm actually not looking to run circles around anyone. Just fricken RUNNING period would be nice. :)

"A little off center and I'm out of tune, just kickin' this can around the avenue, but I'm allright."

Got back from the Doc's an hour ago. Things are getting better but I do have another inhaler and I have to go back on the 15th for another chest X-Ray.

I guess my theory that I am germ-invincible due to my profession is shot to hell. Oh well! But she did say my oxygen rate is very high so I am pretty much done here. She told me it will definitely be hard to get back into things and I should take it EASY. I'm REALLY going to have to remember this, as I know myself and I know I sometimes have a hard time "taking it easy."

On a side note, I'm keeping a little secret from you...but don't worry, you will find out soon.

And, for a good little laugh, check out Eric's blog...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having conversations with inanimate objects such as the YMCA pool.

Thanks for the great advice on the running stuff--it's good to hear it from you guys and I will stick with what all you experts say! I know I need to get over worrying about mileage, anyway, and focus more on volume... but I guess it's the mileage-obsessed marathon chick in me that got freaked out. :)

Gotta go pick up a video on Alice Paul...it's actually pretty good...a little HBO movie that came out in 2004 where Hilary Swank does a great job playing Alice, who is one of my favorite "troublemaker" chicks in US History. And it just so happens that Mitchell's Ice Cream (my favorite place besides Graeter's--the ULTIMATE) is next door to Hollywood Video.....hmmmm....

hee hee

I gotta get my butt moving soon!

2 more days. 2 more days....

8 comments:

Rice said...

Take it easy, you’ll come around again.

Cheers.

Rice.

Anonymous said...

we were on the same wavelength tonight. i got ben and jerry's! i've never had mitchell's...i'll have to try it sometime.

Cliff said...

You talk to inanimate object? That's crazy. I talk to my pool b/c it talks back :).Ok it doesn't talks back, it just laughs at my swimmming..err sinking.

I hope your x-ray is ok. I am getting my ultrasound tomororw (more on that later).

qcmier said...

Those first couple days back will be tough. Just remember it's a long race, and like everyone else is commenting, don't over do it.

Ever have Strickland's? Mmmm.

walchka said...

Sounds like you are the mend, which is great to hear. Only a few more days and you’ll be back to full throttle. You can't say you have a secret and then expect people to wait. :)

tryathlete said...

Taking it easy is definitely hard!

Why not spend the free time preparing lesson materials for after you get back? That way, you might have an easier week work-wise, which gives you more time to train...

Chris said...

You're definitely training for a whole new beast of an event!

And what's this little secret??! I can't stand suspense! Argh! :)

Hollyfish said...

That movie with Hilary Swank as Alice Paul is great... Just caught up with your blog and giggled a bunch about your favorite sports and professions. Love the swim meet pic...Hope you're feeling better soon - rest is important with this one so don't rush the recovery!