Saturday, February 11, 2006

quite a big day planned....


Home Depot...maybe Bed Bath and Beyond...I don't know if we'll have TIME!
Yep, a very exciting Saturday night in TriSaraTops land. :) Matt and I went shopping for BLINDS. Well, first I made Chicken Parmesan and we had some wine, and THEN we went shopping for blinds. WOO HOO!!! Hold me back--I'm getting WAY too wild and crazy. :)

Actually, it was kinda fun, as we just finished our attic into an office and....

Okay, no excuses. We are so domestically lame tonight. Man, I never thought I'd admit it. Guess ya can't have wild and crazy Saturday nights all the time, though!

So I called Canada Jenn, the respiratory therapist and my marathon buddy, and left her a message on both her cell AND home phones. It went something like this:

"Um, hi, Jenn--it's Sara....it's like 7:30 here...you guys are probably out but I was wondering...uh...can I run outside tomorrow? If I'm really really slow? Or will it make my lungs hate me forever? I just really can't stand the thought of an hour and a half on the dreadmill...ha ha! Um, if you could call me tonight and tell me, that would be great, K? Talk to ya soon!"

Yeah, she hasn't called.

Apparently people go out on Saturday nights?

And, I totally know what she's going to say.

Suck it up, sister--hit the treadmill. Your lungs will thank you later. Pneumonia can mess you up for a long time.

*sigh*

I HATE running inside. I feel like such a hamster on a wheel. Unless it's under 10 degrees or hailing, I always prefer running outside. Actually, give me 25 degrees with snow over 80 degrees and sunny ANY day of the week. I overheat like my oh-so-cool '99 Chevy Cavalier on an August day.

Well, I'm gonna have to do it. This should be interesting.

Today I had 2 hours on the trainer and it was doable, due to the Get Your Geek On Podcast and I got to finish the movie Elizabethtown--which for some reason is seriously one of my new alltime favorites. Go rent it NOW.

But tomorrow--it's just me and the ESPN screen at the gym (hopefully something good will be on--NOT golf or nascar)

Better load up the iPod...:)

9 comments:

Paul said...

Run outside, it won't hurt your lungs.

Cliff said...

Before triathlon, I would stay out until 2-3 am.

After triathlon, "Is 11 pm and I have to go home and sleep b/c I have ot wake up early tomorrow to swim."

True story..i just got back from an open house party... :)

Kewl Nitrox said...

Man, that sounds so much like my USUAL Sat that it's scary... And A lil depressing... :(

Rae said...

I think Old School is the best movie ever!! Hope the dreadmill run goes OK!

Eric said...

The Old School picture is perfect.

I did a total of 3:10 of outside running this weekend. 2 hours, 30 minutes, 40 minutes. I feel fine. However coming off your bronchial thing I would exercise caution. Of course it's not Sunday afternoon and you have already done whatever you were going to do.

Friday nights?!?!? Not any different from any other night of going to bed at 10:00PM. Okay maybe 11PM since I can sleep 'till 6AM for my morning long run.

Scott said...

Wow, Home Depot. Lucky duck.

This morning, I was enroute to the Y at about 6:40 a.m. and I passed a bunch of tweaked out club kids on the street who were just leaving one of the nearby nightclubs. Oh how I remember those days...

Papa Louie said...

Sorry to hear the treadmill is not your friend. I have been running and racing for 20 years and found that if I have to run on the treadmill I just do it. I am always thankful I can put the time in for running even if is on the hamster wheel. If you want to run for life you may want to consider how to find peace with the treadmill.

Chad said...

I don't usually quote movies, but I love that one. When you're 30-something with kids, it hits home.

Chris said...

You had me at the first line. I *LOVE* that movie. :)