Wednesday, April 11, 2007

From February 21, 2007...

OK. So I've had a few realizations.

One.

I can't really blog and publish right now, because I can't really think about anything except how this baby will change my life, and how excited and scared I am. So I'm just being quiet.

Two.

I'm not going to watch "A Baby Story" on TLC. Or ANY show about labor. Nil. None. All they do is freak me out. We're just gonna have to roll me in there when the time comes and roll with it. Ignorance is bliss.

Three.

I really, really want cheeseburgers. So we went out to get one Sunday night, and I made big juicy homemade ones Monday. Mmmm. And I had another tonight. With pickles and tomatoes and lettuce and mustard and ketchup and a whole wheat toasted bun. And 96% lean beef, so it's all good.

Four.

I am coming to peace with the fact that I have to cut back on working out...but I don't have to stop. I am enjoying my 4-5 mile runs 4-5 times a week, so that's 20-25 miles a week, which really isn't so bad for a knocked up chick now, huh? I haven't really felt like swimming, so I ordered a new suit from the Grab Bag at SwimOutlet.com (Let's hope, Pharmie, that I don't get one as fugly as your poor sister Steph got!) :) As the weeks go by, I'm sure my runs will gradually be replaced with swims...and that's OK. I'm gonna be fine.

Five.

I ordered my IMW Finisher's Jacket today. Because sometimes I forget that it is a big deal. Because I might not get another shot ever, or in a while, and because I can't predict the future. It's nice to have a little token of where I've been to help me remember where I'm going. I think it will help get my slow, chubby ass moving out the door next November the day I'm allowed to run again.

Six.

I totally forgot about the OneOOne competitions. Maybe THAT'S a better move for me...40 less miles on the bike? Could be more doable. Perhaps I will head to Texas in the fall of '08? Or not! Perhaps I'll go to Steelhead. Or do both. Or do none. I need to remember that I can't possibly think about that now...which is hard, because I just got my latest edition of Inside Triathlon and, damn, they explain all the best races at every distance and it gets me SO. PUMPED.

Seven.

Somehow I must be a good actress. It must be that poker face I can pull off. I felt like SUCH crap today at work, and had to lay down twice...but pulled off a lesson and even, during the last period of the day when I always feel like I've been hit by a truck, took an active role playing Woodrow Wilson in a League of Nations simulation I wrote a few years ago. They didn't suspect a thing.

Eight.

I've gained three pounds. I feel like such a tub. I feel like my stomach is already poking out and everyone MUST KNOW! But they don't. Apparantly, three pounds doesn't signify that much...good to know, I guess. So I'm going to have to let go of worrying about pounds for now. It's just hard, because I've struggled with pounds pretty much ever since I can remember...but when the time comes to drop 'em, I'll just have to buckle down and drop 'em. It's worth it, I know.

Nine.

I have two parties to go to this weekend where there will be lots of beer. I'm going to have to REALLY put on the poker face big time. "No, see...I have a LONG run tomorrow...none for me!" Worked before...can I pull that crap two more times? Sure hope so...

Ten.

I'm excited. I can't really believe it. This whole thing is surreal and I can't wait to share it with my family and friends. And I'm pretty scared, too. I can do this....I can do this...

14 comments:

Audrey said...

This is so cool how you saved all of your unpublished stuff! It's great being able to follow along. Thanks for sharing everything and all the worries/questions along the way. I'm single and childless..but I'm looking fwd to all this someday :)

Enjoy!

Benson said...

I'm just giddy with well wishes for you. I love reading these posts and it's so cool that you saved them and are publishing now. very nice surprises for us in trigeek land. keep it coming.

21stCenturyMom said...

How fun to read this stuff. Do you still think ignorance is bliss because I found knowledge to be power. Knowing what was happening made it much easier to cope with. I had natural childbirth but as I understand it it's all about epidurals now which gives you the "I'm right here in the moment" experience without the pain. At least that's the way I hear it.

Joe Bob sez check it out.

TriSonq said...

I crave cheeseburgers all the time. Does that mean I'm pregnant?

Jennifer P said...

Good thing I like you and consider you a blogger buddy, 'cause I'd poke you in the eye for thinking 3 lbs is tubby! :)
Our bodies have funny ways of telling us to slow down. Listen to yours.

TJ said...

you run less AND eat cheeseburgerS.....how cool is that.
:)
my wife went with the epidural. she says it was the best money she ever spent. i sat beside her hospital bed and watched her contractions register on the monitor...as she napped away.

Run for Chocolate said...

So wait a minute you are publishing your pregnancy but not telling anyone? hmmmm? Don't watch tlc anymore, I hate the way all the women get epidurals. If you even are considering natural childbirth, write to me, I will encourage you and tell you about the three natural deliveries I had with not even an aspirin. Anyone can do it, especially and Ironwoman!

Run for Chocolate said...

Oh yeah, eat the cheeseburgers, it is really hard to get all your protein needs without eating meat.

Rebecca said...

so exciting! keep updating because it is interesting to hear the other side of things! plus i can get a sneak peek into what it could be like when it's time for kids, cause i'd like to keep tri-ing!

Janet Edwards said...

My sis had her twins caesarian and she did not even feel labor she said...of course that is not to say she was not sore afterwards. Sometimes I hear it is not so bad, so we will wish happy thoughts on that.

I can definitely see cheeseburgers as something I would crave because I can't help but love them!

Kurt said...

Good post. Sorry I haven't kept up as much I been really busy.

You will go through a lot during the remaining months of your newest adventure and then you have a lifetime to adjust to it!

Don't forget to send and post pics!

Brooke said...

Congrats Sara! This is a whole new journey and as a mom of two...you're going to love it.

wheels said...

I've been a silent reader for quite a while now and I just wanted to say, you have a great talent for story telling and it's wonderful that you started blogging on your IM experience and now its really great to hear about this new, exiciting experience for you. All well wishes to you along the way and keep writing!

Unknown said...

If you're careful and do it right, you can run and workout all through your pregnancy. A close friend ran all thru hers and was back to speedwork less than 3 weeks after a c-section.

Oh, and that cheeseburger with pickels sounded really good!