Saturday, June 02, 2012

Occupational Hazard

Bean had a rotten cold all week.  Poor thing.  Snotty and coughing and just not herself.

So I hugged her lots and gave her lots of kisses.  And guess what?

Who gets a head cold on a beautiful, sunny, June 2 and spends all Saturday in bed?

THIS GUY.

So my run on Wednesday?  Sort of messed with my head.  The ankle swelled up a little that evening, so of course I thought it was armageddon.  And I acted as such.  At one point, I *might* have thrown my running shoes in the corner and said loudly "WON'T BE NEEDING THESE #%%#!)%s  ANYMORE, $%*&(@ !"

Sigh.

I can't help but thinking that I may be going from "I might have a delay in racing this season" to "I may not have a racing season."  And it sucks.  And I'm pretty bummed out about it.

But school is almost out, which means I get to at least rest a little more (hopefully) and also means that my flexibility in getting to the pool and riding is dramatically increased.  So I'm going to do my best to keep the demons at bay and think that maybe, just maybe, this season is not a total wash.  And there's a snowball's chance in hell I'll be in racing shape for Rev3 Cedar Point in September.

Because I'm just not ready to give up on that yet.  And I have a half-marathon to redeem, too.  So I might as well do it there.

For now, I'm going to sneeze 968,472,108 more times and take some Nyquil.  And keep the head up, too.

Can't help myself.  I love this song.

No comments: