Sunday, June 17, 2012

Getting my Sea Arms Back

This was a good week of training for me!

Now, mind you, I'm just getting back into things.  BUT!  I felt really, really good on my run yesterday. I ran 26 out of 40 minutes and felt fabulous.  It was the first time I felt really, truly, like me again!  I know I need to not get ahead of myself here, and I see my ART guy on Wednesday, so I promise I won't be dumb and go run 10 miles.  But I can't promise I won't think about it.  Okay?

I'm confident enough to register for the Huntington Sprint tri on July 22!  Not quite ready to pull the trigger on Cedar Point yet, but it's not like the price is going up anytime soon, so I'm going to see how the next few weeks go.  I do want it pretty badly, though.  But not badly enough to be in crutches.

In other news, I'm getting my sea arms back a bit!  Had three pretty solid swims this week that made me work hard.  By yesterday's swim, I was definitely tired, but felt more efficient in the water.  Hopefully I can keep that going.  The way I see it, I can either bitch and moan about how my swimming stinks, or I can actually make a pretty serious effort to swim at least 3 times per week.  I'm going to go with option two, especially since I am not spending hours on end running.  Let's see how this experiment works out.

Riding is coming along well, too.  I'm going to head to a brick tomorrow with some of my Cleveland Tri Club buddies and although I won't be running afterwards, I thought it would be a fun way to get in some miles with some cool people on the bike.  Hopefully I don't get dropped like a bad habit, though.  I may have to be a "wheel mooch" the first few times!

So I'm finally getting less scared of twitter and trying to actually use it once in a while.  I unlocked it so feel free to follow me and I'll follow you back, cuz I'm nice like that.  I thought it might be a quicker way to throw updates on my training out there, so I linked it to this page.  Look at me, finally entering 2009!  Anyway, I'm @trisaratops2198 but I can't promise I'll say anything fascinating or hilarious.  You've been warned.

Happy training, and congratulations to all my buddies that raced at Maumee Bay this Father's Day!  Happy Father's Day to the three dads in my life:  My amazing Dad, Dad Z (the supercool father-in-law), and of course the Daddy to my Bug and Bean, Matt.  Love all three of you!

No comments: