Saturday, April 18, 2009

Under Construction

As you may have noticed, I've changed my blog layout a bit...wanted it to reflect me circa 2009 a bit more. Still working on a few things, but HEEE-YOOOGE thanks to Sister Wil for helping me with my masthead picture! Thanks, Wil! :)

More to come, but I'm off to Columbus to visit a few buddies and drink some wine...girls night in! Kind of a last-minute trip here and just a quick one. The weather has been gorgeous lately and I just got back from a 9 mile run--the first 4.5 just with me, and the last 4.5 with Matt and Bug. Negative split big time, and ended up with an average pace of 8:54 and felt very slow. This got me wondering: what the sam hill has gotten into me? Since when does sub-9 feel like a nice easy long run pace?

So that has led me to pull the trigger on the Cleveland Half Marathon. I'm in there like swimwear, baby. And I've got an aggressive goal, but I am feeling good. Why not, huh? Might as well take advantage of a little early season fitness.

So here it is: I'm going to go for a 1:45 and either hit it or blow up spectacularly trying. Giddyup!

5 comments:

Kate said...

I definitely think you have a 1:45 in those legs now. And I am usually conservative when it comes to bloggers' goals! I'm a hoping to get back to 1:45 shape by this October- good luck to both of us!

tri-mama said...

Go for it!! I've been waiting for Tac to take me to WIBA for a couple years- can't wait to hit the course with you. and of course because I go back and read 5-6 posts at a time, I love my biking socks with my boots-seams are in all the right places- and my guys talked much later then my girls. They were too busy learning and expressing with their hands. Even now they only talk when they have something to say, unlike the girls who talk just to hear their own voice.

Pharmie said...

You're going to rock it sister!

triguyjt said...

Bring on that buck-45 time in the half.. sister Sara...

If I can get in under 2 hours, I will have a parade!!!!

Anonymous said...

yeah, you're all set for 1:45... cleveland is an awesome course to do it on. Have a great time...