I've been playing a little game I like to call "Running Roulette."
Here's how it works:
1. Feed a hungry JayZ. Watch for his eyes to start a-drifting.
2. When eyes are heavy, put JayZ on bed and change into running clothes.
3. Pick up JayZ and take him to the basement. Proceed to rock him and sing him a few songs until he's OUT.
4. Put JayZ in his swing, which is right next to the treadmill. Turn on swing and classical music.
5. Quickly lace up shoes. Grab water bottle. RUN RUN RUN START RUNNING HURRY UP
6. Run 4 or 5 miles. Continually look at JayZ to see if he is waking up. (he never, ever does--must be the music and humming of the dreadmill)
7. Stretch while facing JayZ in swing. Here's where it gets interesting...
8. Wonder if I have time for a shower.
9. Make sure monitor is on. RUN up to bathroom, stripping down on the way. Jump in shower and HURRYYYYYYYYYY and take fastest shower of your life.
10. Listen to monitor. Usually still just hear "click clack" of swing and music. If this is the case, dry off and attempt to dry hair. If you hear rustling, or even worse--crying--throw on a robe, put hair in a turban, and rush downstairs.
11. If music is still playing and no rustling is occuring, attempt to dry hair. Abort mission as soon as monitor shows signs of fussiness.
12. If you've gotten this far, you can try and get dressed. MAYBE even throw on a little makeup?
13. And finally, the ultimate--you get to eat lunch.
Most times JayZ lets me at least get to shower, and more often than not, actually dry my hair and have lunch. Provided I can get outside for my long run tomorrow, I will hit 20 miles of running this week with my little game.
Thanks, Little Man. You're the best little guy for a million reasons, and this is just one. :)