Thursday, July 06, 2006

Day before Cheeseland Ride Time

Heading to WI tomorrow and am sooooooooo excited!

Tribe couldn't pull off a win last night after beating the Yanks 19-1 the night before--but at least I did get on the JUMBOTRON dancing like an idiot in my JERSEY! :) Yahoooooooooo

Really hoping my hubby got me a sweet tri transition bag I've had my eye on....we're opening it tonight with his family so we'll see if he read my mind :) Not that I didn't make it too obvious, pulling a Ralphie from Christmas Story and planting a picture of it in his ESPN Magazine....hee hee

Had a great 12.5 mile run with hubby and IronJohnny in the heat and humidity on the 4th--good training on the hills of Hinckley again! Then drank some Blue Moons and played Cornhole. This is an Ohio/Midwest game involving 2 wooden planks and beanbags, and for some reason is sooooo freaking fun. Then went to see some fireworks and my buddies decided it would be a good idea to (at the little town fair) ride bumper cars under the influence. Good thing you can't get pulled over for that.

For the b-day, slept in, went out to breakfast, read Inside Triathlon in the sun, and then went to the game. What a perfect-o day!

Tonight, a 45 minute run and maybe a little ultimate frisbee for old time's sake--my buddies play up at the lake every Thursday during the summer (we've been doing this since we were in high school--that's like 11 years now--how lame are we) and I haven't been able to play much due to training. I think I'm retiring for the year from beer league softball, which is sad, but with the HIM next week and the riding I'm doing this week and the following weeks, I have been soooooooooooo tired. AND--I took a line drive in the left leg on Sunday. Yeah. Nice and purple. Some poor sucker on the field next to us had his ANKLE TURNED THE WRONG WAY and broke it as he tried to slide into third...it sort of worried me with IM this close and I think I'd better not slide or do anything stupid.

OK--I've been tagged so I'll answer, but I think everyone has already been tagged so I won't tag anyone else and spare you:

Four jobs I've had in my life:

1. tee ball coach--best job EVER
2. flipped burgers at a country club snack bar--possibly an accomplice in sneaking out alcohol in a backpack, but this has never been proven, and if they cared they should have taken inventory and/or locked it up--again, this is just an alleged occurance though
3. reshelved books at King Library, Oxford, OH--usually hid in the history section and read them when supposed to be shelving (yeah, I am sounding like someone you really want to hire, huh?)
4. Teacher, Oak Hills High School, the 'Nati, OH

Four Movies I watch over and over: (do I have to limit it to 4?)
1. Billy Madison
2. Old School
3. Major League
4. Napoleon Dynamite

(I swear I do have brain cells--I just like to laugh)

Four places I have lived:
1. Cleveland, OH
2. Oxford, OH
3. Cincinnati, OH
4. Washington, DC (that's a little bit of a stretch as it wasn't that long, but if I could afford it I'd live there permanently)

Four TV shows I watch:

(I HATE TV SHOWS and rarely watch ANY.)
1. 24
2. SportsCenter
3. maybe something on Food TV
4. That's it, I swear, TV BLOWS

Four places I've been on Vacation
1. Travelled around Germany (Berlin, Hildesheim, Hannover, Freiberg, Frankfurt, Dresden, Potsdam)
2. St. Lucia, West Indies
3. Puerto Rico
4. Lots of National Parks: Grand Canyon, Mammoth Cave, Whitewater rafted the New in WV and will do the Gauley in Sept after IM, Yosemite, Rocky Mtn. National

Four websites I visit:
1. bloglines.com
2. Cleveland Triathlon Club
3. BBC online
4. Chuck Norris Facts.com (OK maybe not every day, but Chuck is awesome.)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream--hands down the best in the UNIVERSE
2. Nuevo Acapulco Enchiladas--local food I fiend for
3. White chocolate reese's cups
4. Trader Joe's Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter--I put it on pretty much everything

Four places I would rather be right now
1. At the Bright Angel Campground on the banks of the Colorado River at the bottom of the Grand Canyon
2. Behind Home plate at Jacobs Field watching Game 7 of the Indians winning the World Series (I might be waiting a while for this one)
3. Somewhere in Italy on a beach
4. Hmmm, I don't know, I've always wanted to travel to South Africa, maybe Cape Town? It looked amazing from the pictures I have seen

Four favorite bands/singers (hard to narrow this down!)
1. Pearl Jam
2. Dave Matthews Band
3. Green Day
4. Jack Johnson
Honorable Mention: Phish, Red Hot Chili Peppers

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time on the IM course!

Cliff said...

Cheeseland.. :)..enjoy....

yes..no sliding as IM comes up....no need for any mishap.

walchka said...

Have fun in WI. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Jodi said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday! Have fun in Wisconsin. Make sure you eat ice cream at the Memorial Union :) Can't wait to cheer you on at Musselman!

Chad said...

I assume there were like a hundred fans at the game, that's why you made it on the jumbotron.

Just heard on the radio that your catcher has only thrown out 5 of 66 people stealing. That sucks.

Have fun in WI. Be sure to stop for the stop signs in Verona - even if there aren't any cars. The cops are notorius for pulling over IM athletes that are scouting the course.

Janet Edwards said...

Love the hint for the birthday gift...totally going to try that!

Sounds like some great summer days! Friends, Blue Moon, Cornhole, and bumper cars...does it get any better?

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

I watched some of both of those games vs. the Yanks at my favorite sports tavern. Loved the 19-1 spanking!

Have a good training weekend in WI.

Stay tuned...

Neese said...

Happy Birthday.

I was at that 19-1 indians game it was beyond fantastic! sorry i missed your jumbotron moment the next game!

Kim said...

i'll give you dave matthews if you give me eddie...thoughts?

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

The ESPN Magazine...what a great idea!! Glad you a great birthday!

Good luck in WI...ride hard!!

SRR said...

How 'bout Graeter's Strawberry Chip? But I'm so with on the Graeter kick...something Cincy has to brag about!! YUMMY!!