Wednesday, February 01, 2012

YEAH! And, NOOOOOOOO.

Tuesday early morning swim ended up with something I never in a million years thought that I would have.

I bet Coach Emily will fall over when I tell her this.

I had MORE TIME!  Yes, MORE.  With an M!  As in, MAS TIEMPO!

So I sat there in the pool for a bit and knew exactly what I needed to do.

Bust out another 500, homies.

So I did!

Still made it to school with time to spare.  So excited!

Then, last night I got all ready to do a little evening P90X--some Ab Ripper, some chin-ups (unassisted--yes!) and pull-ups (massively assisted...but someday I will do one!), and a bit of lower body stuff.  Gave the kiddies baths, rocked Bean to sleep, and then....

SPLAT.  SPLATSPLATSPLAT.

Yes, that is the sound of puke.  All over me.  All over everything.

Sigh.

Turns out that 2 other kids at the babysitter's aside from Bean were also in the SPLAT club last night.  Which meant, of course, the inevitable.

Bug hurling from about 11pm-5am.  Me crying, changing sheets and blankets and rubbing backs all night long.  Wondering how I'm even going to begin to get un-buried from work.  And hopefully not hurl.

In the past 16 hours or so I have been hurled on no less than 4 times.  This will be a true test of my immunity.  I feel a bit like Dead Man Walking over here.  Now everyone is finally asleep, and I should really try to dig through a pile of grading.

But I can barely keep my eyes open.

Guess that means it's time to adjust the weekly workouts...and cross my fingers that I don't get this, too!

But at least I had that extra 500.

3 comments:

Christi said...

I hope everyone is feeling better and that you, indeed, don't get the sickness at your house.

SixTwoThree said...

Oh dear, reminds me of the time my sister's boys got a stomach bug and there were bunk beds involved. Feel better kids. Rest up Tri mommy!!!!

Carolina John said...

ah, kid puke. happens to the best of us. I'm dealing with a kid poop issue at the moment (but at least it made for a funny blog post)