Friday, October 26, 2012

Two "Summer" Rides

Summer had one last gasp here in the NEO this week.  TWICE--yes, TWICE!--this week, after a long day at work, I rushed home, hopped on the CD0.1, and headed out for a quick 20 miles.

And quick it was.  This girlz still gotz it.  It took me an hour both times, and I pushed some good watts to boot.  Yay!

Let's be honest--I was just SO! EXCITED! to be riding my bike after putting in a full day at work and sneaking out before dinner while it was still sunny, warm, and full of fall awesomeness.  I mean, sleeveless jersey, people!  I really didn't think I'd be able to pull this off this late in the season.

Got home and Bug and Bean were super excited to "ride" with me.  We put on our helmets and went around the block.  Bug on his two wheeler (aka "My Bike With Two Wheels Not Four Wheels") and Bean even joined us for a few houses on her balance bike.  I was decked out in full Evotri gear as we went around the block.  I'm sure I looked pretty hardcore  RIDICULOUS.

But not to Bug and Bean, and that's what matters. :)

Now it's pouring rain and 45 degrees.  And I know that my fate in the basement on the trainer is pretty much sealed for a good 5 months or so.

But me on the basement will remember how much fun me yesterday had.  And she'll be super jealous.  And it will make her work harder so she can tear it up even more next spring.

No comments: