Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A Pat On the Back

So two kids can be pretty tiring, from what I'm experiencing. But pretty amazing, too. Like today. Bug and Bean and I went to storytime at Barnes and Noble...it was a windy and almost-rainy morning, and it was Curious George (who we all love) day. I figured Bean would sleep the whole time, but since she pretty much slept through the entire night (thanks, baby girl!), she was up the whole time. She started fussing a bit during the story, and Jackson quietly came over by me so he could rub her back.

It was pretty much the sweetest thing I've ever seen. And every day that goes by, something else like that happens. Just when I think they can't top it, they melt my heart again and again.

Today was my first run outside. I was pretty much rarin' to go by the time Matt got home. Three miles never hurt so good.

Garmins that you turn on after a year are kind of like purses you find buried in the closet after a year. It's like a little time capsule of who you were. Receipts. Lip gloss. Concert ticket. Airplane ticket. Random diaper. I turned on the Garmin and it was the last run I did before I got pregnant, I guess. It said: "4 miles: Average pace 8:44."

Ha ha. My, what a difference a year makes.

I must say, I'm pretty sure the Garmin flashed "WHO THE HECK ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY OWNER" across the screen a few times, but I got it done. Never has a 10:20/mile felt so much like a 7:20 mile. But three miles of just me, the iPod, and the road was amazing.

Got home, gave Jackson a high five, and picked up my baby girl. And that's what I have to call a perfect day.

5 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

I have so been there. Yay for being back!

Simply Married said...

Way to go, Sara! Glad to hear you're back in the swing of things :)

Christi said...

Very nice job on the run! Story time sounds great!

Alili said...

Great job Sara! If you're already at 10:20, 8:44 is going to be here before you know it. :)

Anonymous said...

The sweetness of your kids brought tears to my eyes; I'm so happy for you.