Monday, April 19, 2010

Coming Back

So I'm getting there, alright.

But not without a few bumps in the road. Like Saturday, when I had an absolute irrational meltdown for Matt about not being able to fit into my jeans perfectly yet. I can get them up and buttoned, but HOLY HADES do I look DISGUSTING with my muffin top. Everything else is fine, just the lovely post-partum muffin top that anyone who's been there understands. And it set me off BIG TIME.

Good thing Matt is a patient guy. He just let me have a good cry and then go for a run. Sometimes that's the best remedy, after all. I mean, for crying out loud. I gained 62 pounds. I'm down quite a bit now, but I need to be realistic here. I'll get there. It's been 8 weeks. CHILL, SELF. That's an order.

This shirt rocks the universe. Preggy swim pal Bridget's husband surprised JenC and I with them after he told us we should get some shirts made when we were running the Reindeer Run back when I was 30 weeks preggers. And the boy delivered. Thanks, Steve! I can't wait to wear my "race t-shirt" as soon as it's a little warmer...and I'm a little smaller. Check the new shoes, too--Brooks finally changed the color! WOOT! That's what I call a comeback outfit.

Speaking of which, had a fantastic run with Bean in the BOB this morning. I found a nice smooth trail and we did 4 miles. Check that pace, yo'. I was in disbelief, but felt great. The Boston Marathon is today, and I thought about how I hope to be there in 2 years...and even though this pace and distance is a far way off, I have to remember that a) I'm 8 weeks postpartum and b) I'm carrying not only a stroller, but a good 28 pounds more than I usually do. So after I had a moment and thought about that, I felt about as good as if I had just run a sub-22 minute 5K.

Patience, patience, patience. I'll be back soon.

8 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Sounds like you are doing awesome! Keep it up!

Christi said...

Great job and keep up the great work!

ramblings of a runnner said...

you'll get there - i think you are doing great by the way!

marathon mommy said...

Trust me, you'll get there. It's amazing how focused and organized you get about training when you have two little ones to juggle!

GetBackJoJo said...

Nine months up, nine months down. YOU ARE DOING GREAT. And you will be at Boston in two years!

Alili said...

Plain and simple - you rock.

Janet Edwards said...

You will get there babe! I know you got the drive and the ability to do it!

Tamara said...

Ok, so how did you run with the baby? I thought they weren't supposed to be running in the BOB until at least 6mos? I've got Riley in her carseat walking with the BOB, but still haven't had a post-baby run yet!!