Saturday, April 17, 2010

How I'll Remember Her

I lost my cousin Sandy today.

She was special in more ways than one. Sandy was, in many ways, a miracle. She wasn't even supposed to make it to age twelve, and she made it all the way into her 50s.

The past few years Sandy hasn't been the Sandy I knew growing up. The one who loved to laugh and joke...the one who loved her diet cokes and country music and Cincinnati Reds.

So I choose to remember her that way--before her strokes. I will remember her joking around, smiling and laughing, at the dinner table with my Aunt Betsy and Uncle Jack whenever we visited them.

I know this is a blessing, but it sure doesn't make it any easier. I love you, Sandy.

12 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm so sorry for your lose. My thoughts are with you and her family.

Nat said...

So sorry! Thinking of you.

Christi said...

I am so sorry for your lose. I will have you and your family in my thoughts!

Unknown said...

My sympathies on the loss of your dear cousin.

Coachhrd said...

It's always hard to lose close relatives and friends. We've lost three in the last three months - all at ages TOO young - and it's a difficult recovery process.

Tri Mommy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Veeg said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sara.

Mike said...

I sorry about your loss. I'm sure your Sandy angel is looking down over you and your family now making sure everyone is well and strong just like she was for so many years.

Mnowac said...

Oh Sara! I am so sorry about your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Dan D. said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Pining for Pinterest said...

So sorry to hear about your loss.

Robin said...

So sorry for your loss and that of your family.