Friday, April 23, 2010

Miracles

Eight months ago, we had ER trips and horrible, horrible news. We were all staring down Stage 4 Uterine Cancer, right in the face. Advanced. Aggressive, stage 4. You can google that to see what it said. Over and over and over.

Terminal. Terminal. Terminal.

Well I have one thing to say: screw you, terminal. You're wrong.

Matt's mom had her CAT scan and MRI this week, and we got the news at the appointment yesterday. The halfway point news was good, but there have been a few complications since then. We were hoping for more good news, but prepared for whatever the scan results said.

And they said nothing short of a miracle.

GONE. 100% GONE.

There is NO cancer left. NONE.

We are absolutely overjoyed. Prayers work. Good thoughts work. Experimental drugs work. It all worked.

She'll be with us for a long, long time. And we couldn't be happier.

Thanks to all my friends and family for their love and support for all of us, and for Linda, over the stressful ordeal the past 8 months has brought us all. We know that the future may hold more battles, but if we can win this one, well...quite frankly, we can win anything.

19 comments:

Chloe said...

Wow! What great news! I'm so happy for you and your family!!

Christi said...

That is the absolute greatest things to hear!!! I am so happy for you and your family!

CANCER SUCKS!

Mike said...

Great to hear!!!! I will chalk up one more survivor to my list that includes my little brother and my sisters good friend! That cancer had no idea who it was messing with!

Congratulations to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Wonderful news!

RobbyB said...

Yay!! Keep those hopes and dreams going for my friend's Dad with liver cancer. He's doing great so far, but needs all the help he can get.

mouse said...

What wonderful, incredible news! It's so awesome to hear that miracles really do still happen!

Pining for Pinterest said...

That is amazing news :)

allanjel said...

Such wonderful news for you and your family. Bless you all :)

Karen said...

Wow! How awesome!!

Simply Married said...

Wooooowww! That is the best news EVER!!! So happy for all of you! High five your entire family for me, okay?

Aimee said...

That is so amazing and so wonderful! I am so happy for you and your family!

Jumper 2.0 said...

Wonderful!

Mnowac said...

Oh.My.Gosh! That is such wonderful news, wish I could give you a happiness hug. So so so happy for your family. And so happy Jackson and Emery get to have their grandma around for a long time!

Pharmie said...

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and your family, and what a gift for your kids to be able to spend many more years with Grandma.

Michelle said...

Wonderful news!!!

marathon mommy said...

Awesome news!

Andy said...

I am so glad to hear that your Mother's cancer is gone. Must be very exciting and refreshing!!! I hope everything else is going well :)

Doris said...

Wow!

Wonderful news for the whole family!

Robin said...

Wow, that's amazing, miraculous news! So happy for your family!