Saturday, March 25, 2006

Ring, Ring....Ring, Ring....


Hello?

TriSaraTops?

Yeah, that's me...

It's Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam.

Hey Eddie!

I heard you just got some awesome tickets close to the stage for my concert in May!

Yeah, I'm so pumped! They are close to the stage and everything. I've been trying to see you guys since 1994.

I know! Hey is that offer to marry me still on the table?

Nope, sorry Eddie. That expired on August 7, 2004.

Damn. I knew I should have taken advantage of that.

Well, you snooze, you lose.

Yeah, I guess so. Anyways, I heard you had a great brick today despite being late since you had problems with ticketmaster.com to buy my tickets, huh?

Yeah, thanks for noticing, Eddie! I actually had an AWESOME brick today. Felt really strong on my big ring pushes on the bike, and then averaged a little over a minute per mile faster on my brick than I was doing last month at this time--and at the same heart rate!

Damn, TriSaraTops. I knew I should have married you when you had my poster in your dorm room and said you'd always heart me.

I know, Eddie. I'm sorry. You're just going to have to move on. If it makes it any easier, my amazing husband is also a huge fan of yours. He's seen two of your shows.


Well, I guess that helps a little. So you're going to run the Hinckley Hills again tomorrow with Iron Johnny? Don't you know there's supposed to be snow and freezing rain?

Yes, I'm aware of that Eddie. A little rain/snow doesn't stop me. What are you, a wimp?

Me? No...um...I'm from Seattle, remember?

Yeah, of course. Well, Eddie, I'd really better be heading to bed. Gotta get up early to hit those hills tomorrow.

Okay, TriSaraTops. Have a good run and thanks for buying my tickets.

Sure, Eddie. See ya in May!

*click*

7 comments:

Eric said...

Have a good run at Hinkley. I have a 2:20 brick in the morning.

Legs and Wings said...

That's pretty funny!

Papa Louie said...

I would love to hear Black live!
Now you got Eddie sobing:
I know someday you’ll have a beautiful life, I know you’ll be a star
In somebody else’s sky, but why
Why, why can’t it be, why can’t it be mine

walchka said...

Oh my goodness that was hysterical. Nicely done and congrats on your great brick!

Chad said...

Now if Mrs. Z were Mrs. V, that would REALLY make this blog interesting.

Nice job with the brick workout and with letting Eddie down easy.

Cliff said...

Did you fell off a cliff? :)

qcmier said...

Love the post!!! Now why doesn't Sheryl call?