Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

It just ain't 2007 until this happens:




(picture blatantly stolen from TriEric's blog--thanks, Aimee, for recording the moment!) :) That's Espeed, TriEric, JenC, TriAl, and yours truly


I TOTALLY blew it and parked where I used to RUN down the hill, since I used to live in the area, thinking I could DRIVE down...yeah, not so much. So I heard "3-2-1-AAAAAAAAAgggggggggGGGGGHHHHH" and was still fully clothed and about 10 feet behind everyone and got SOOOOOOO sad. :(

Then I saw TriAl who was a little late, too--and a few brave souls above jumped in AGAIN with us for the "second wave!" :) Yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy! Only us truly nutso CTC folk would enjoy such a sadistic and chilly ritual. We all agreed this year felt much warmer than last year. My parents were on hand to film the festivities--hopefully will get a vid clip up here soon!

Jodi , Rob, and Charlie were there, too, as well as about 40 others, but were all smart enough not to jump in a second time with the other crazies! :)

Happy Happy New Year and here's to new beginnings and waking up like someone dumped ice water on your entire body!

UPDATE: Here's the nightly news story! I'm on the far right in the first scene...along with JenC, TriAl, TriEric, and check out ESpeed's TV DEBUT! :)

Click HERE!

11 comments:

Laurie said...

Definitely insane but it looks like you had fun.

Happy 2007!

Rae said...

Ha! Certainly looks like you had good company!

SRR said...

Holy Shit! Were you all drunk???
:-)

Lloyd said...

Your 2nd go-around peeps rock!

But where's the snow?

Bolder said...

you are all WHACK!

e-speed was just too cute!!

HAPPY 2007 T-tops!!!

Robin said...

I'm cold just looking at the photo. But you look like you're having fun. Happy 2007!

RunBubbaRun said...

It actually looked like fun. Here is to a new year.

JenC said...

Good times! Happy New Year!

E-Speed said...

They totally cut out the part where I said the reason I jumped in twice was to hang out with you! LOL

Happy New Year!

Papa Louie said...

I think jumping in ice cold water may be good for a years worth of recovery therapy. Now you're ready to start another year of hard training. Maybe next year I'll take the recovery plunge.

Steve Stenzel said...

You look happy.

Wait...no, you don't.