Things I'll Miss this Year:
3. Did I mention racing?
4. Going fast and kicking my own butt.
5. Trying to hit a PR.
6. Going for sub-4 at the marathon.
7. Testing out my sweet new wheels.
8. Hard 800s at the track...even though I sort of hate them.
9. Running hills. I do actually like that.
10. Long rides. Did I just say that?
11. Preparing a bunch of water bottles Friday night with Carbo-Pro and NUUN, chopping up little Clif Bar bites, and getting my fuel belt ready for a 6-7 hour brick.
12. Crossing a finish line, gasping, sweating, and knowing I've used every last ounce of energy I have.
13. Grabbing some hardware.
14. Open water swims with my buddies.
15. All the fears and excitement that surge through me on race morning.
16. Long rides with Iron Johnny, my training buddy.
17. Accidentally "running into" TriAl in the Metroparks as we're both on a 5 hour ride.
18. Road-tripping to 70.3s with my buddies.
19. My "10 Year High School Reunion," which is actually in our 12th year out (Why?), is on September 28th. No sense going if I am about to pop and can't throw back a few. I'm not too upset about it. :) I'll just wait 8 more years to 20. College for me was a lot more fun, anyway.
20. Being at the finish line at Ironman Wisconsin, to catch TriShannon and Wil and all my tri friends...and repay all the karma that I was given last year. Whenever I think about how I won't be able to be there this year, I get a little teary. It's the #1 thing I'm sad about giving up.
Things I Won't Miss This Year:
1. Open water swims where I run into the occasional nasty object that makes me freak out.
2. Ugly feet with half-on toenails.
3. Getting all the damn water bottles filled up with stuff and carting everything around Saturday morning.
4. Endless Hammer Gel.
5. Port-o-potties that are a little "ripe" in the heat of July.
6. Having the occasional rough race day and feeling bad about it.
7. Pressure: to do better than last time, to come in such and such place, etc.
8. Not-so-hot tan lines that I still have in February.
9. Driving 45 minutes just so I can ride on some decent hills.
10. Riding hills. (OK. I might miss it...just a teensy bit)
11. 10-20 hours a week of training and time away from my family and friends.
What I Can't Wait to Try:
1. Running slowly and really, REALLY enjoying it.
2. Swimming with a big ol' belly. Yeah, that's right! Deal with it! I'm gonna be HUGE! And in a pool!
3. Volunteering at the Burning River 100 Race, and all the races I can get to.
4. Hearing my baby's heartbeat for the first time.
5. Remembering that in every swim and every mile I run, my baby is with me.
6. Meeting a little person sometime in October.
7. Thinking how someday soon, I'll cross the finish line and have a new little person there to hug me.
8. Listening to all the advice I can get from triathlete moms out there.
9. Being a good mom.
10. Seeing how happy my parents will be when they have a little grandchild.