1. Had some crazy fricken dreams...must have been these crazy meds.
2. Slept soundly until 10! Geez! Must've needed it...
3. Read blogs and trifuel articles. Stared outside at 47 degree, sunny day. Sighed.
4. Checked my blog to find lots of blog buddies wishing me well--thanks guys, I needed it! :)
5. Listened to Iron Wil and Tri Geek Kahuna's Podcast--Loved it loved it loved it! If I knew how to put it on my site I would, but since I don't--go to their sites and immediately download it. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.
6. Smiled at a little surprise at the end of the podcast--thanks for cheering me up, Wil! :)
7. Drank 4.5 Nalgene-bottles full of water. That's 144 oz. Enough to float away, I think...
8. Cleaned my house. (Okay, I was starting to go insane at this point)
9. Saw online the Indians are planning on trading Coco Crisp to the Red Sox...damn Johnny Damon again--he started this!!! Got mad. Grrr...vented to Mugsy.
10. Decided I needed to do something productive with my time. Cleaned out my desk drawers.
Yes, the desk drawers have been a bit messy for a while. I'm pretty much a neat freak about everything but drawers. They are my cleaning tragic flaw. It's just so easy to shove stuff in 'em and close them, and everything looks so neat and tidy...
Found some random stuff my mom has been bringing over in shifts, ever since Matt and I bought the place. Stuff from my childhood room. Happened across some pictures--and on the back of them it was scribbled, "Sara's first swim meet: 6/18/85" That puts me at 7 years old. Here I am--check out my sweet racing suit...uh, yeah, that's the one with the turquoise blue background and white polka dots:
Apparently, even though I was sans goggles and swim cap, I wasn't half bad. The back of the picture also said, "Finished first 8 and under breast!" Sweet.
Also found my elementary "memory book," aka where my mom kept a bunch of random papers and stuff I made. Definitely got a laugh out of some of these things. Found it interesting that in my "Favorite Sports" section of each grade, the following was listed:
1st: swiming and bike riding (that's not a typo--that's how I spelled it. come on, kid.)
2nd: swiming and bike riding (OK, by 2nd grade I should know there are 2 "m's")
3rd: swimming and roller skating (there we go--but huh? roller skating?)
5th: swimming and softball
My professions were entertaining, too...I didn't list them until 3rd grade:
3rd: professional roller skater (I'm not kidding...I couldn't make that up, folks)
5th: teacher and writer
So the moral of the story is, kids know more than they think they do about their future. Except when it comes to roller skating and spelling "swimming."
Tri on, everyone! Enjoy your workouts tomorrow!