Sunday, April 10, 2011

I am extremely snotty

I am fully aware that I am one snotty girl.

I mean, I have waxed poetic before about how entirely snotty I am.

It's really a problem. If you are around me long enough, you might be hit by my snottiness. Literally.

So today I could tell on my run that spring had officially arrived and I once again turn into a very snotty chick. It's very attractive. I'm getting pretty good at the ol' farmer's blow. Just watch out if you're behind me.

You know what? I just wasn't that into my run today. It was great to be out there in SHORTS! SHORTS! today, and Ana and I had some good conversation as usual, but we decided we were just kind of over it. Good thing it was a nice and easy long run before I throw in some more race pace stuff.

Speaking of which, I just saw next Sunday's run already. Gulp.

5 miles comfortable pace, 9 miles goal marathon pace, 4 miles comfortable pace.

I do believe she is trying to kill me.

So I have a full 7 days to wrap my head around that and get psyched up for it. Not psyched out. Which, I'm not gonna lie, is how I felt about five minutes ago when I looked at it.

If this was easy, everyone would be doing it. I signed up for this. Time to go hard or go home. These next two weeks are pretty damn important.

And another good history-related quote comes to mind:

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."
Michelangelo Buonarroti

I need to remember that I had the option to take the safe route, and I have made the conscious decision to ignore that.

4 comments:

Jennifer P said...

Interesting thing: Dean Karnazes said that snot rockets are actually bad for you and to carry a snot rag. And I have snotted on someone. It was awful.

Anonymous said...

love the quote!
Mind over matter....you've got this! (Hell, you are an educator! You have had longer and rougher days in the classroom-right?) ;-)

Christi said...

My snot machine was full blown, pun intended, yesterday. I was blowing snot rockets without even trying! I feel your pain!

Good luck on next week's run! I am sure you will kill it!

Janet Edwards said...

Oh I am with ya in the snotty sisterhood club! :-)

Get excited about your upcoming run! You can do it and when you are done, that confidence will carry into race day execution!