Saturday, February 05, 2011

Oh it's SO ON.

Some great stuff happened recently:

1. Not one, but TWO snow days in a row! I can't even explain how much I needed that.

2. I think I might have Ana convinced to do the full marathon and not the half = yay for long run company!

AND

3. We just smoked our 11 mile run outside despite the sheet of ice literally coating everything. It was one of those runs that boosts up the morale a bit. I was a bit overwhelmed this week and once again questioning my sanity of timing up a full marathon 2 weeks after the AP Test, which consumes me at work until the first Friday in May. But I'm running really well lately, and I'm gonna keep on keepin' on.

Bring on the miles.

And hopefully, the over-32-degrees-weather. Yeah. That would be nice, too.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Nice job!! I'm feeling ya on the life consumption until the AP test in May. Mine is literally TWO DAYS before the marathon! Totally can't wait to see you then!!

Michelle said...

Yah for RUNNING! Especially in upper 20's weather! I wish I was back in Kona :)

Andy said...

Snow days = hella cool! We had 4 of them at the beginning January. Running Partner = always great! I am sad that I am missing one this year, but I hope you two have lots of fun together and have some great fitness bonding. Kudos to you for running in the ice. Us southern folk are kinda timid about doing that, I actually found myself on the dreadmill for the first time in some time. Can we all have warmer weather please??? Hope your weekend went well!

MissFit Island said...

Snow days are a tiny slice of heaven!

Just be careful on the ice. I'm too much of a scardy cat to get out on the ice.

I hope you get your 100th follower soon!!!

Simply Married said...

Yay! Keep it up!