Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Question Mark Race.

????????

That's how I feel about my race this weekend.

"?"

This will be my first triathlon post-baby #2, and I really don't know what to expect. I originally signed up for the olympic distance, and was supposed to do the sprint at Huntington with my girls 2 weeks ago. However, my shin decided to be a party pooper. It's feeling much better now, but I'm still thinking I'd better downgrade to the sprint. Better to be safe than sorry...the big race is a few weeks away and I don't want to screw that up. But I do need to practice just being out there, too. Nothing substitutes getting ready better than doing a trial race.

Really not sure how I'm going to do in this race. First of all, it's a sprint, and I hate sprints. I always feel like the swim isn't long enough to give me much of an advantage, and you have to run really really fast. But, I'm going to suck it up and go for it anyway...even if I'm not that fast, it will still be fun! I'm more excited just to see all my tri friends that I haven't seen for, oh, say about a year and two months and about 50 pounds or so. :)

I've been feeling really strong in the pool lately, so I'd be happy to have a strong swim. Cycling has been okay, and who knows what I'll be able to pull on the run. But I surprised myself before in the 5K, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised this Sunday!

This weekend is also going to be fun because we get to celebrate six years of super awesomeness...


Thanks to the best husband in the universe...without him, I never would have made it to the starting line (let alone the finish line) of Ironman. Without him, I'd never be able to make it to any starting line, for that matter. Here's to a million more years of happiness. :)

4 comments:

Christi said...

Good luck and Congrats!

Janet Edwards said...

Yeah, you are going to do awesome! Can't wait to see you as I am in for the Oly tri!

Pharmie said...

Good luck this weekend. I'm quite sure you will surprise yourself. Oh, and congrats on 6 years!

Nina said...

First, congrats on the anniversary!


I recently came across your blog and thought you might be interested in writing a guest blog for The Clymb. We're a private sale network for a vast array of outdoor brands that include running, biking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding and other outdoor/athletic accessories.

We’re running a blog series asking outdoor enthusiasts to tell us about their Clymbs. A Clymb can be the motivation behind climbing a mountain or getting up before the sun to go for a run. The blog should reveal how you got started in the sport, what inspires you, and what you’ve gained or learned.

We think our members would be interested in why people participate in certain activities and that it’d be a pretty fun read. We’ll link back to your blog in the post, tweet about it and share it with our fans on Facebook. We have a wide reach and you should get new readers because of it.

Here are a few blogs that we recently ran from some climbers:

http://theclymb.com/blog/2010/07/heights-fear-and-respect/

http://theclymb.com/blog/2010/06/be-safe-live-long-climb-hard-by-rick-radliff/

We’d also love it if you accepted the invitation for a free membership below:

http://theclymb.com/invite-from/TriBlogger

Twice a week, members receive deals on popular athletic brands like DAKINE, SIGG, and Mountain Khakis. Once you become a member, you'll have your own invite code you can share with your friends.

Upon shipment of their first order, you'll receive a $10 credit for your own future purchases. (That's $10 per first shipment for each person you sign up).

Also, if you know of other triathletes with blogs that might be interested, please let me know.


Hope to hear from you soon,


Nina Perez
Social Media Manager, The Clymb
nina@theclymb.com