- was amazed at how fast time went, despite how slowly it felt during 2am feedings. Tonight, when I rocked Bug to bed, he could barely fit on my lap.
- never realized how much a baby's laugh could fill me with joy.
- lost the 55 pounds I gained, and another 5. And a dress size.
- lost 20 minutes off my best marathon, and somewhere around 40 minutes or so off a 70.3.
- laughed at the irony of this, since I spent the better part of last year worrying I'd be huge and slow forever.
- found a few more gray hairs.
- enjoyed 4 months of maternity leave, and then went back to work.
- dealt with some anxiety related to the return, but know I made the right decision.
- watched Matt become an amazing father.
- took Bug to the pool, the Zoo, Lake Wawasee, Lake Erie, Mitchell's Ice Cream (a lot), the circus, a few Indians games, the Nature Center, on bike rides, and on my training runs for the marathon.
- became completely immune to puke, poop, snot, and drool.
- realized that Boston isn't just a self-depricating joke for me anymore. It's a possibility.
- felt a little (selfishly) better knowing that the rest of the nation was in a bit of a recession, too.
- got to join a wonderful group of people and share triathlon with some awesome girls
- appreciated my job even more for the opportunities it gives me to be with my family.
- experienced having 2 sets of grandparents within miles, and saw how wonderful that was.
- wished someone would have told me about the freaky post-nursing hair loss that apparently is quite common but TOTALLY FREAKED THE CRAP OUT OF ME. Note to self: now you know.
- realized that life is just a little sweeter with his snuggles and smiles.
- never want to forget what it was like to rock him to sleep every night, and feel his little heart that I helped make beat against my chest as he sighed himself to sleep.
- felt like the luckiest girl on the face of the earth.
Thursday, January 01, 2009
This past year, I...