Saturday, November 17, 2012

Reunited and it Feels so Good

Back in the pool this week, after a two-month hiatus.

As always, the first 1000 felt like I was swimming through quicksand.  And then I *started* to remotely feel a teensy bit like I was getting it back.  But not much.  I'll need at least a few weeks for that.

But it felt good to drive back home as the sun was rising and know that I was done, and that I was finally starting to act a little like a triathlete again.

It feels good to be home. Although I'd rather watch the sunrise outside during my laps like I did all summer, but a frost-covered sunrise on the way home ain't so bad, either.

I'm laying out my season plan for next year, and it involves some changes (mostly early on) from what I've done the past few years.  I'm already getting excited, though!

Here's to smelling like chlorine all day despite a shower and having goggle-eyes at work!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Congrats on getting back to the pool!