Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Wake Me Up When November Ends

Well, December 1 is tomorrow.

Here we go.

I am a little nervous. It's been a nice month and a half of recovery, but I have felt listless. Shouldn't I be following some plan? I get so lost without a plan. Hurry up--someone, tell me how far to run today, what my cadence should be, and how many laps I need.

Back feels better now...still a little sore but getting there. I have a good plan in place. Now I just need to do it.

The first day of a plan always seems the hardest. It's like when I sit down to grade 129 test essays. Ugh. I dread it all day. Or when I have to run 4X800 repeats at a negative split. That's enough to have me dreading the track all day, too. But then I do the first 800. Grade the first test. Realize it's not as bad as I made it out to be in my mind. Start to wonder why I spent all day worrying about climbing a mountain I mentally created.

Will it be the same way here?

Regardless, I'm TOTALLY tricking myself tonight and NOT showering at night, after Tuesday's episode....

First test, here I come.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

OMG are you a teacher??? ME TOO! How cool is THIS!?

OK, so we have the long lost sisters thing down, now the same job, doing the same race, freaking you out yet? LOL.